Dallas Ft. Worth
What ZeroDown buys in Your Area
At ZeroDown, our mission is to help you find the perfect home in a hassle free way. A key part of that is selecting high quality, move-in ready homes, in the areas that we serve, at price points that make sense. Below are our home eligibility guidelines that ensure we can deliver on that experience for you.
The lists below are not comprehensive and these guidelines are subject to change at any time at our discretion. Because our website pulls all home listings from the local multiple listing service, there are likely homes listed on our website that are ineligible and ZeroDown reserves the right to reject any property for reasons other than those listed here.
Property Type Guidelines:
- A single family residential home (includes condos & townhomes). The following do not qualify as such:
1. Tenancy In Common (TIC) properties.
2. Multi-unit properties such as a duplex, triplex, etc.
3. Commercial, modular homes, log cabins, mobile, mixed-use or manufactured housing.
- Located in the following counties: Collin, Dallas, Denton, Ellis, Hunt, Johnson, Kaufman, Parker, Rockwall, Tarrant, Wise
- Value is within the following range: $200,000 up to $1,000,000
- Located on paved roads.
- Not in subdivisions or new construction phases that are less than 50% complete.
- Owner-occupied or vacant at the time of sale (no investment properties or leased properties).
- Not a short sale, foreclosure, probate property, bank-owned property, or property sold at auction or by a government agency.
- Not part of condo developments, associations or neighborhoods that prohibit long-term rental agreements or have age restrictions.
- Not part of a condo development, association or neighborhood with pending or active litigation.
- Not subject to natural hazard risks (flood, fire, earthquake, etc.) that are abnormal for the metro area.
- Not subject to excessive operating expenses (excessive tax, insurance, HOA, other assessments).
- Intended to be your primary residence. ZeroDown will not purchase homes used or intended to be used as investment or income properties.
Property Condition Guidelines:
- Move-in ready with up-to-date major systems, no habitability concerns, and no significant renovations, repairs or corrective work required.
- Not constructed with outdated, obsolete or otherwise problematic materials, structures or floorplans.
- Not in need of repair or replacement of any major systems to ensure proper function (for example, roof, electrical, HVAC, plumbing, foundation, structure). If any major systems or their components have met or exceeded their life expectancy, ZeroDown may reject the home or require replacement before close.
- No pending rehab projects, incomplete structures or structures that are in disrepair or excessively dilapidated.
- No significant physical issues with the surrounding area or neighborhood, such as blight, disrepair or excessive dilapidation.
- No liens that will not clear at close, and must have marketable title.
- No unpermitted or unlicensed work, additions or square footage.
- No significant foundation or other structural issues, or damage caused by floods, fire, or other natural disasters.
- No active organic growth (e.g. mold), active leaks or an active pest infestation. Any evidence of past water damage or infestation must be investigated to confirm the source or underlying issue is no longer problematic.
- No history of illegal activities on the premises, or contamination by hazardous or illegal substances.
None of these prohibited features:
- Sunrooms with glass ceilings.
- Above ground or vinyl pools
- Simultaneous or back to back closings (“double escrow”).
- Propane tanks as the primary heating source.
- Well or septic system.
Property Appraisal Guidelines:
- ZeroDown obtains an appraisal on each home prior to purchasing it. ZeroDown reserves the right to reject a property if the appraised value is less than the proposed offer price or purchase price.
*The disclosures and inspections for the property can significantly influence this assessment. We highly recommend obtaining disclosures for the property as soon as possible so we can quickly determine property eligibility for a smooth home buying experience. If you're not sure how to do this, you can always ask the agent you are working with.